Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JesperA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
Sweden
Hi!

On my workstation i prefer using my MX Revolution mouse but i still want too use the Magic Trackpad at the same time for more gesture controls, the thing is, i still think regular scrolling for mousewheels still feels best, but for trackpads i want natural scrolling.

There doestn seem to be a way in OS X to just change to natural scrolling for the trackpad and keep the regular scrolling on the mouse, i downloaded MagicPrefs but it doesnt seem to have a setting for that either.

So yeah, is there a way to fix this?

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
You should be able to use the Logitech software that came with your MX Revolution to invert the scrolling direction. That way, when you turn on natural scrolling with your trackpad, you get normal direction with the mouse.

I ended up just getting used to it instead, though.

brad@HCE

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
I know this is an old post, but my software engineering firm used this as a first project because I was also annoyed by this setting.
The final product is called Squirrelly because I felt the natural scroll direction that Apple used felt a little "squirrelly". Our app is a light weight, efficient status bar app that works great. You can download it quickly and easily from our website at http://www.handceng.com/squirrelly/ for $1.29 USD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.