Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
*EDIT: to save others time, deleting the app off the phone and then reinstalling fixed my issue. Some one mentioned backing up your favorites before doing so.*

I'm not sure if this is an app update issue due to iOS 6 (app was recently updated to work with iOS 6 but I hadn't tried it until today when I got my phone. It informed me there was a map update and to go to map manager to download the updates, but it gives me an error saying "An error occurred while registering your device. Please contact the NAVIGON customer service". Well unfortunately, their hours were already over by the time I saw this. But I try to go register, says my email is already registered (which is correct) and it asks me to sign, I sign in, says this device is already registered.

App will not display the map, I can't input locations to get directions.

Just a heads up to those who use NAVIGON heavily. You may want to either not update to iOS 6 just yet or keep using your older phone. Again I'm not sure what the issue is here. After I call NAVIGON tomorrow I'll try to remember to post back if they fixed it or not.

Last edited:

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
After updating my navigon app I had to download the essential files and the maps. I didn't experience the problem you had. After updating everything is working great on my new iPhone 5!

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
Yeah I had to update the app essential files and maps, but now it works great on iOS 6. Sorry yours is being dumb, I would try to delete and then reinstall it..

bigfeller

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2010
Having the same issue here. 4 updated fine, 4S is getting the error. Can restore purchases but not download maps. Will try deleting and reinstalling.

bigfeller

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2010
Worked for me. Deleted app, transferred from Itunes and downloaded maps and store purchases again.

Just remember to back up your favourites. Like I didn't.

Ellsass

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2010
Deleting the app and reinstalling (from App Store, not iTunes) worked for me.

btw, I have the "US East" version. Also, when I first launched the app after restoring from iCloud on my new iPhone 5, the first thing I did was attempt to restore purchases. (I don't have any, but I couldn't remember if I did.) Then I went to Map Manager and got the warning. Maybe other people with the same issue as me were following those steps, and those w/o problems simply went straight for the Map Manager.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Deleting the app and reinstalling (from App Store, not iTunes) worked for me. .
I've come across some apps that didn't work on my iPhone5 until I deleted and re-added them. Its like there's some cruft from the restore that got included that is causing problems.

FWIW, Navigon is working for me.

Jrh1194

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2012
Charleston, SC
Navigon has worked fine for me since the update. I did have to re-download the maps, but other than that it is working fine. I have yet to compare the Navigon routes to the Apple Maps routes but that should be interesting.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Thanks for the heads-up everyone. I deleted it and reinstalled and it appears to be working fine now. I'm currently downloading my maps. Thank you!

Last edited:

bitspersecond

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2010
Delete and re-download worked for me

I had both the North America and Europe versions since I travel between the two so much. Europe updated fine on my new iPhone 5, but North America gave me the error the original poster mentioned: ' error occurred while registering your device '. Deleting and re-installing the North American version worked and all I had to do was re-download the maps I wanted.

Thanks to the poster and thanks to Apple for creating/negotiating that capability -- I'm sure it gets plenty of people out of tight squeezes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.