Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JB007TLD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
I have been using MediaHuman Audio Converter for several years now and it has worked great for my needs. It's been running very sluggish/buggy recently and wanted to see if there was something new that might be a bit smoother.

From what I have seen in my limited research a lot of the features of MAC that I like are not all available in one application -

Source file is always Flac - if it can do other file types fine, but not needed.
Output file - AppleLossless - Same as above, if it has other types, great, but I specifically need Apple Losslesss
Drag and drop
Automatic addition to itunes - this is the one feature that seems to be harder to come by

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I think Max can do all of this (note that you need to use the "unstable" version on modern OS versions).

You'll need to set the output folder to the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder.

Nepenthe

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2003
Minnesota
I have been using MediaHuman Audio Converter for several years now and it has worked great for my needs. It's been running very sluggish/buggy recently and wanted to see if there was something new that might be a bit smoother.

From what I have seen in my limited research a lot of the features of MAC that I like are not all available in one application -

Source file is always Flac - if it can do other file types fine, but not needed.
Output file - AppleLossless - Same as above, if it has other types, great, but I specifically need Apple Losslesss
Drag and drop
Automatic addition to itunes - this is the one feature that seems to be harder to come by

Any suggestions? Thanks.
XLD??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.