Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bladerunner88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
Off World
So, I have a Mac SE that still Boots Up! But it has no internal HD, when I connect the Ext 40 it wont mount on the desktop as I need a SCSi Terminator.

Any thoughts on where could find such a thing?

TIA

Mac SE1.jpg

Mac SE.jpg

Reactions: icanhazmac

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
Depending on where you are, e.g. you still can get these - Centronics50 SCSI Terminators - e.g. via Amazon.

watakoola

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2010
Australia
Noooo. I'm getting flashbacks of the ‘good old days’ using SCSI.

I remember having to ensure certain devices were in a certain order for all to work – some scanners ‘preferred’ to be in a particular position regardless of their SCSI number.

I remember certain devices had to be switched on first/last/during a power-on session to be recognised.

I remember… sob. It’s too difficult. I don’t miss SCSI!

Reactions: jagolden

bladerunner88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
Off World
Noooo. I'm getting flashbacks of the ‘good old days’ using SCSI.

I remember having to ensure certain devices were in a certain order for all to work – some scanners ‘preferred’ to be in a particular position regardless of their SCSI number.

I remember certain devices had to be switched on first/last/during a power-on session to be recognised.

I remember… sob. It’s too difficult. I don’t miss SCSI!
Heh I feel your Pain! I used to have Plastic Tubs filled with the stuff every kinda SCSI Cable imaginable, but alas all gone now cept for the bear minimum to keep the SE going. However I do see a Terminator in my future 😂

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.