Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
I got 2nd gen. and I am not a fan of big screens that need to hands to operate, but my current phone is starting to feel slow and small to my eyes (I think I am getting older) . How do you feel about your SE 3rd gen. ?

it has the A15 which is similar in last year model iphone 14, so is it same speed?

I am split between se 3rd gen. and iphone 14, i rather have a home button but I guess I have to move with times.

DaveEcc

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2022
Ottawa, ON, Canada
I have the SE3. All the advice in the forums was "just get a mini instead"... except the mini was only marginally better, and cost twice as much. I only rarely use my phone, and mainly for messaging, as I'm in front of a desktop or laptop all day. There's no way I was paying twice as much.

The screen *is* a bit small, making the keyboard a bit of a pain, but as I don't message a whole lot, it's fine.

If you're using your phone a lot, you'll likely drain the SE battery quickly. When not running a battery hog app, just using messages a couple minutes a day, I can last 3-4 days between charges.

The camera is just okay, not nearly as nice as the camera on the full phones... but I have SLR and mirrorless cameras when I care about image quality.

If you want an occasional use small phone you can fit in a pocket and/or you don't want to invest in an expensive phone, the SE can fit the bill... but yeah, it's got downsides.

Reactions: MacBH928
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.