Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
C

CompUser

Original poster
Hi everyone.

I aquired an iBook g3 500mhz, 128mb RAM, CD laptop for free from an old teacher of mine. Since my PB is being replaced, I am using this computer a lot. Obviously this computer is not that great from a 2006 prespective. I am running OS 10.3.9 off a 7200rpm ext. hd which seems to be a little faster than the internal 10gb Drive. Instead of wasting a bunch of money on upgrading the RAM, hard drive, and optical drive, I want to ask the person that gave this computer to me if he will let me sell it. I don't want to sell it if he doesn't want me to in that he gave it to me for free.

If he allows me to sell it, I have a couple of things in mind that I would do with the money as far as a new computer.
A: 1.25ghz refurb Mac Mini, 40gb 256mb + More RAM + Apple USB mouse: 379
B: 700mhz-1ghz iMac G4 with maybe more ram or a better DVD burner
C: PowerMac G4 733ishmhz
D: PowerMac G4 400mhz + processor upgrades and such
E: Wait to accumulate more money, and buy a refurb iMac or G5 or buy a new intel mac

JupiterTwo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2003
GB
If you do sell it, I'd keep the money for a future Mac purchase, seeing as you're getting your Powerbook replaced.

And I'd use some of the money to buy the kind soul who gave it you something to say thanks :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.