Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I am out of my league when it comes to finding hardware that will work with older Macintosh computers. Can someone tell me if This drive will work with my SE, and 512K ?

I am not sure if they will be able to use the 1.4mb drive or not? I would like to get my SE more useable, as of right now I have nothing that can write disks to it, and the system that is currently on it has limited extensions, and no control panels enabled!

Thanks for any help!

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
5300cs said:
Isn't that a drive from a IIgs ??? :eek:
It should work with any Apple system with a DB-19 port. I used mine on a Mac IIcx and an Apple IIc. Most pre-Quadra systems had these ports as I recall.

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
RacerX said:
It should work with any Apple system with a DB-19 port. I used mine on a Mac IIcx and an Apple IIc. Most pre-Quadra systems had these ports as I recall.

Um, Yeah, I didn't even think of that! Glad I didn't buy that one, as I have a II GS Floppy drive in storage.

I need to grab my Ethernet Transceiver for my other Quadra, and while I am there I will grab the floppy drive.

My II GS died years ago, but I never got rid of the drives I had for it!

Thanks again for knocking some sense in be guys!

Off to FedEX to pick up his IIfx (no pun intended)

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
840quadra said:
I need to grab my Ethernet Transceiver for my other Quadra, and while I am there I will grab the floppy drive.
If you ever need a spare transceiver just let me know. I think I have six spares (I'd have to check my inventory sheet for the exact number, but six sounds right).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.