Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonomo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Hi,

My macbook had a 60 gig hard drive, which I swapped for a 120 about a year ago... now I realized that I only have about 12 gigs of space left.. 60 gigs of my HD is used up my Itunes stuff... SOOO i wanna buy another bigger better badder hard drive, but I don't know which one will fit... I heard there's a new 320gig available... does anyone have experience with a larger drive and can recommend one that will fit.

Thanks,

J

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
Hi,

My macbook had a 60 gig hard drive, which I swapped for a 120 about a year ago... now I realized that I only have about 12 gigs of space left.. 60 gigs of my HD is used up my Itunes stuff... SOOO i wanna buy another bigger better badder hard drive, but I don't know which one will fit... I heard there's a new 320gig available... does anyone have experience with a larger drive and can recommend one that will fit.

Thanks,

J

I believe you can plug any drive that's 2.5" SATA. The stock drive is 5400RPM so putting a 7200RPM may decrease battery time a bit...

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
You'll need to make sure the drive is a 9.5mm thick drive, and it uses SATA. You can get drives up to 500 gigs. The size is up to you, and the speed as the previous poster mentioned. NOTE however, that larger 5400rpm drives can be faster than the smaller 7200rpm drives, so going for the larger drive might be the better option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.