Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I have recently drove several rental cars' Fiat 500X, a Dodge Durango, a Jeep Cherokee, a Kia Optima, Kia Elantra, they all along with my Honda HR-V and Honda Civic, all automatically turn on the music app and play that U2 album that was shoved down our throats.... (thats the only music on my phone.)
congratulations on replying to a post I made in Jan 2012 :)

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
HA, I didn’t' look at the date. The thread popped up down below for me as a suggested thread.

joeemison

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2017
Asheville, NC
So, like the title says, I really, really need an app to disable the autoplay of the ipod (music) app as soon as the USB connection is made.

You see, I like to use rhapsody to listen to music and Grooveshark. Sometimes, I just want to charge the iphone without any music at all. It's annoying to unlock it and press pause. I don't want my ipod to start playing unless I open the app and tell it too.

Is there any tweak or app to disable the autoplay of the music app?

thanks so much!!!

I don't know if this will help you, but I created a song that is 79 minutes of silence and called "AAA Silence" (you can get it on the iTunes Store and also on CD Baby). Because--in my experience--the "autoplay" just starts playing the first song you have alphabetically, "AAA Silence" will start playing. So at least you won't have music playing, it will just be silent. And you'll have 79 minutes to start some other song.

You can also read more about it at aaasilence.com

Reactions: rrraven

rrraven

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2008
Toronto
congratulations on replying to a post I made in Jan 2012 :)
What's amazing isn't that someone replied to a five year old post -- it's that all these years later, this is STILL an ongoing issue affecting many many people!

My version is even worse than what I find widely reported (with a song autoplaying). My new 2018 Nissan autoplays an iPhone Voice Memo recording of a traumatic event. It is not alphabetically first (even of Voice Memos) so I have no idea why it is always selected. Disconcerting!

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
What's amazing isn't that someone replied to a five year old post -- it's that all these years later, this is STILL an ongoing issue affecting many many people!

My version is even worse than what I find widely reported (with a song autoplaying). My new 2018 Nissan autoplays an iPhone Voice Memo recording of a traumatic event. It is not alphabetically first (even of Voice Memos) so I have no idea why it is always selected. Disconcerting!

Agree. To not have an option is bizarre.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.