Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Hey I've been searching all over the internet trying to find a C or C++ compiler for Mac. If someone could direct me to a link to the direct download (cause everything else it just leading me into loops) that would be great. Thank you for your time.

iBert

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2004
You should have project builder, i think it's called in Jaguar. It's Apples IDE. Look for a folder in Applications->Installers->Developers Tools

Here you should find an installer for it.

Another way is open a terminal. go to Applications->Utilities
here you'll find the terminal.

once you have you code written, i.e. you *.c or *.cc or *.cpp files
use gcc or g++ filename.
gcc is for C
g++ is for C++
but, I also think you can use either for both C and C++. What I mentioned befoer is the recommendations.

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
slooksterPSV said:
Hey I've been searching all over the internet trying to find a C or C++ compiler for Mac. If someone could direct me to a link to the direct download (cause everything else it just leading me into loops) that would be great. Thank you for your time.

Same one that everyone else uses... GCC!
Or you could buy XLC from IBM.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Thanks for trying you guys, but the person below this one (FUIK) or something, needs to read the post first. I said a direct link to it, not just saying oh well people use GCC. I know this. I asked if someone could point me to a link that is the direct download to it. Duh thats why I asked. Oh and the person who referred the installer. Thank you, but I don't have it :(. I'm mad at FUIK we'll call the person right now. I asked for a direct link to it.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
For Jaguar, you need to download it from Apple. Go to http://connect.apple.com and make an ADC account for yourself. The free account will give you download access to all the tools you need.

Oh yeah -- skip down to the older developer tools for something that works on Jaguar. Xcode is for Panther and later.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Thank you I found it, thx for all of your help. Its a 301 Mac Binary. With Jaguar I only got 2 eMac CD's so I didn't get a Devel. CD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.