Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Dear users - I needed some guidance here.

I have a spare iPhone 7, 128 GB model; I don't use it any more but because of its large storage I have kept it as iCloud backup device.
I say it large because its large enough for me.. :)

On the photo settings I've enabled option - Download and Keep Originals; This setting has been there for nearly 3-4 months now. Phone is always connected to home wifi.

However, when I try to scroll down the memory lane for old photos, it just has a low resolution version and when I open it and try to zoom it, it downloads the full version. Is there a way for me to force download all the photos in full resolution ?

The device's storage is about 55% free right now.

Similarly, can I do this for iCloud files as well? Force download all the files and keep it for offline viewing on the device.

thanks for the help.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
People are not ignoring you. None of us have an iPhone 7 to see what you are talking about. Our current phones don't re-create your problem. Maybe someone who used to have an iPhone 7 remembers this situation. However it doesn't appear so.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
People are not ignoring you. None of us have an iPhone 7 to see what you are talking about. Our current phones don't re-create your problem. Maybe someone who used to have an iPhone 7 remembers this situation. However it doesn't appear so.
Ah okay .. no issues. my current phone is only 64 GB and hence, I've kept cloud optimized photos. Can't download the entire library. Anyways, if any user of older phone had similar issues and have resolved it, please share.

thx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.