Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
Hello,

I want to build a website that has a directory of items with an input form(for me). For example the main page would have 6 categories, then when you click on 1 it takes you to a sub category like : Mac-> iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro. and so on deeper.

I can do this by hand code but I rather if there was some sort of software that I can name the fields and just type the name and description and click update and it will auto update the site.

I am out of the web development game so I am looking for guidance if someone knows if there is software that can do this.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
WordPress is a "web content management system" by definition. You could feasibly make a website and come in contact with no coding. Third-party plugins make it even more customizable.

As with anything, there's a learning curve.

From what I remember, Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG website coding app.

There are so many plugins available for WordPress that finding the right ones for a particular use takes a lot of trial and error for new users as well as old users like me that don't update websites very often.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
WordPress is a "web content management system" by definition. You could feasibly make a website and come in contact with no coding. Third-party plugins make it even more customizable.

As with anything, there's a learning curve.

From what I remember, Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG website coding app.

There are so many plugins available for WordPress that finding the right ones for a particular use takes a lot of trial and error for new users as well as old users like me that don't update websites very often.

indeed, thats why I am asking for guidance in this thread

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.