Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
For many years now I use Outlook for my mails.
Some time ago I noticed that mails containing HTML pictures (for instance from eBay or on line shops) did not show them any longer. A small square with an interrogation mark inside (a place holder) indicates that an image should be shown there.
I googled but found only different advises for different versions of Outlook for Windows.
I checked in my Outlook under E-Mail Settings and clicking on the Mail Read icon it still says to download images from anyone sender…but it does not work.?
To see HTML images I must go to the site of the sender, eBay or the online shop.
I understand it is somehow linked to safety.
Can anyone please help me to find a way to see again HTML pictures in my mails?
Unless of course that Microsoft for safety reasons has made it impossible…
Thank you very much! ?
P.S. Would to uninstall Outlook, restart the Mac and install again the newest Outlook help? ?

Last edited:

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Due I believe to Little Snitch, when downloading mails I received repeated requests from Amazon, eBay and other on line sites which I had denied fearing exaggerated tracking. That was the reason I finished having only small squares instead of the full HTML pictures in those mails. Unfortunately too much efforts to reduce personal tracking can bring other problems. Neither Mojave nor Microsoft Outlook nor my internet provider were responsible. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.