Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacProFCP

Contributor
Jun 14, 2007
Michigan
Our company provides the SE to employees. It’s a great device without fanfare. Best to get the most up to date device you can.

I recommend you get the SE new. If you can get on a regular plan, you can pay for it monthly making the purchase easier on your finances.

jntdroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
@Mania89 no my 6s is on its way out i need to replace it but cant afford a new phone so figured id search ebay for a reasonably priced replacement

Have you looked on Swappa? I've only used them a few times over the years, but always had good experiences there. For a phone like the 2022 SE, that's almost a couple of years old, you might find some good prices there. I agree with others - the 2022 SE is likely your best bet in your budget. It has (basically) the guts of the iPhone 13, and should have plenty of life left in Apple's update cycle. And for its size, it actually has decent battery life (it should be a nice bump from your 6s for sure!).

okkibs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2022
If the last time you saw Android was 15 years ago you must have had a HTC Dream. No wonder you didn't like Android then. We did mention a couple ways you can get a relatively up-to-date iPhone so hopefully one of these works out for you. A lot of people jump on very good deals so they're short lived, if you are fast or can check a couple stores in your area you might find inventory still left like for those iPhone SE 2022s. Perhaps if you're at a store you could try out a Pixel and see what's changed over the past decade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.