Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BramVanhoutte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2017
I'd like to connect my macbook to the the school print server, but i don't know how to get it to work.

There is a guide on how to do in in windows with the steps being:

Step 1

-open windows credentials

Screen+Shot+2017-03-23+at+10.07.10.png

Step 2

-enter address, username and password

Screen+Shot+2017-03-23+at+10.13.13.png

Step 3

-open explorer, go to the printserver address and choose connect on wanted the printer

Screen+Shot+2017-03-23+at+10.15.32.png

I'd like to know how to do this on mac, so i can connect my macbook to the school printserver.

I'd appreciate all the help i can get

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
When you're connected to the network, you can try to go Apple menu> System Preferences> Printers & Scanners. Then click the + icon at the bottom and search for printers there. Are any of those printers visible and can you try to connect to them from there?

BramVanhoutte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2017
When you're connected to the network, you can try to go Apple menu> System Preferences> Printers & Scanners. Then click the + icon at the bottom and search for printers there. Are any of those printers visible and can you try to connect to them from there?

They aren't visible from there. I need to log in to the printserver some way and then they should become visible after doing so

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.