Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eagle 20

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2019
Michigan
Please forgive me because I don't know the correct terminology to use, and in full (embarrassing) disclosure I'm OCD with ADHD. So this is driving me absolutely crazy! That said, here's the situation...

The problem at the moment, I have numerous PDF files. All of which need an arrow and/or text underlined, and it's important they be uniform in appearance across all files. Meaning the line beneath text is perfectly straight, the same color and thickness across all files. And the arrow is perfectly straight, the same color and size across all files.

Preview isn't cutting it since these edits are free-hand. Google search gave a lot of options, but they either didn't work or did work but only allow a few docs to be edited then require a paid upgrade. I'd really prefer not to have to pay to do this if at all possible, unless it's dirt cheap for a year and/or lifetime.

I've got to get this done ASAP... So anyone have suggestions on how or where I can make these edits?

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies! <3

Last edited by a moderator:

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
Hi,

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you're asking, but in what way is Preview not cutting it? You should be able to underline text by selecting it then choosing Annotate>Underline Text from the Tools menu. Is that not what you need?

Reactions: Eagle 20

Eagle 20

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2019
Michigan
Hi,

Apologies if I've misunderstood what you're asking, but in what way is Preview not cutting it? You should be able to underline text by selecting it then choosing Annotate>Underline Text from the Tools menu. Is that not what you need?

No need to apologize, I'm just a total and complete moron!

When I read your comment just now I didn't have a clue what you were talking about. I had to open a PDF so I could go to Annotate and look. It's beyond me how I missed that, but I tried it and it worked perfectly!

Editing docs isn't something I normally do. This is the first time I can think of that I've had to in the three years I've had my Mac. So my dumb@$$ has been going to Annotate>Line to underline text and driving myself crazy with the freehand line!

OMG I feel so stupid that I can't do anything but laugh at myself. Leave it to me to figure out how to take something so easy and make it ten times more difficult :oops:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.