Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ej2zo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Is occasional awkward behavior acceptable when operating the iphone? I'm asking b/c I haven't had mine for too long and I've come across some strange actions from the phone. Such as:

- Refusing to wake up. It goes to an empty grayish black screen when you hit the wakeup or home screen button, but then it goes back to normal when you hit it again. This doesn't happen all the time.

- Dimmed home screen icon. This has happened to me once. The "ipod" icon was being displayed as if it was being pressed on, thus the dimmed appearance. It returns to normal quickly. This again doesn't happen all the time.

- Mailbox Behaviors (Drafts, Sent, Deleted) freezes. When trying to access any of these three, the phone freezes instantly. The freeze is quickly remedied with a tap of the home screen button. This happens sporadically.

- An outgoing call does not go through on my end. The person on the other end can hear me but I can't hear them. All I hear is my echo. This again does not happen all the time.

So to sum it up, I experience a bunch of weird behavior... sometimes. One day the phone can be very "buggy" and lacking in performance, and the next time it can be functioning flawlessly.

So is this normal? Thank you so much!

meow66meow

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
That is odd... I haven't experienced any of the problems you mentioned except for:
- Dimmed home screen icon. This has happened to me once. The "ipod" icon was being displayed as if it was being pressed on, thus the dimmed appearance. It returns to normal quickly. This again doesn't happen all the time.
I experience several other small problems, though, but I think that is because I jailbroke and unlocked my phone.

You can always try restoring your iPhone. That often fixes problems like that.

ej2zo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Thanks for the response. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.