Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ODog4523

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
I've been all over amazon, best buy, etc, but I need some direction...

I'm looking for something for the 3G(S) that has/is:

-A belt clip
-A hole for the camera lens
-Doesn't add too much heft to the phone
-Preserves the overall look of the phone (doesn't cover too much of the besel etc)
-Isn't so cheap that it's going to break after a month
-Preferrably not rubber

A belt clip WITH a camera hole has proven particularly rare.

I've seen combinations of some of these traits, but haven't found a winner yet...

Help? :)

jmeray

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
I've been all over amazon, best buy, etc, but I need some direction...

I'm looking for something for the 3G(S) that has/is:

-A belt clip
-A hole for the camera lens
-Doesn't add too much heft to the phone
-Preserves the overall look of the phone (doesn't cover too much of the besel etc)
-Isn't so cheap that it's going to break after a month
-Preferrably not rubber

A belt clip WITH a camera hole has proven particularly rare.

I've seen combinations of some of these traits, but haven't found a winner yet...

Help? :)

When i was in the apple store, i talked to one of the girls who had a nice case. I was looking for the SPECK Candyshell, but she had a clip case. Its a case, that you slide into an included clip holster, very nice. Its called the COUNTOUR SHOWCASE.
She loved it, recommended it highly.
It might be one you can check out. Apple Store.

Good Luck!

ODog4523

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Oh yea...I'd much prefer a holster/belt clip that holds the phone face out. So far almost all the nicer ones I've come across only hold it screen in :(

meglet

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
I like the Power Support Crystal Jacket. This is actually a two-part case: a clear snap on case for the iPhone, and a holster to snap the cased iPhone into. The iPhone snaps into the case facing either in or out.

-Has a belt holster that can also be used as a video stand
-The clear case itself has a hole for the camera, although the belt clip doesn't
-Nice and lightweight, I can barely notice the difference between the naked phone and the case (not the belt clip though, that's kind of heavy)
-Covers the bezel a little bit, but since the case is clear the phone shows through nicely
-Nice and sturdy
-I've dropped the iPhone in this case without issues

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.