Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g00dbye

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Raleigh/Boone, NC
I was curious to know if anybody knew of a pair of headphones aside from earbuds that have an inline controller/mic for pausing/skipping tracks and answering phone calls. I've given up on earbuds as I can't find a pair that is comfortable enough to fit my ears (I must have some strangely shaped ear canals) or a pair with decent enough sound quality. I'm looking for a pair of headphones that resemble something like the Skullcandy Hesh:

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/images/skullcandy-hesh-white.jpg

In fact, I wish the Hesh model had the inline controller, but alas they do not. So, does anybody know a pair like these that has the controller? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you! -Brian

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
This would be good, except that you still have to extend the cord down to your iPod/iPhone, taking the adapter with it.

Hm, doesn't show how long the adapter cord is. But if it is too short, just do: headphone - adapter - headphone's own cord.

g00dbye

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Raleigh/Boone, NC
Hm, doesn't show how long the adapter cord is. But if it is too short, just do: headphone - adapter - headphone's own cord.

...this is actually a very good idea. Thank you!

Although, I'm still open to any other suggestions you guys may have. :D
Especially since I'm not really in a position to spend $180 on headphones at the moment.

jparris1

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2007
This would be a good option but the I feel that the problem would be that the controller would be so low on your body that people couldn't hear you on the mic. And I kind of refuse to clip that thing on my shirt.

I use the Shure Music phone adapter with the Hesh and it works fine. I use it in placeof the extender that comes with the Hesh. The attached cable is very short, so it's fine. The controller is a little low but it picks up your voice without problem, and it's in a great place for controlling tracks and answering the phone. It's a great solution.

g00dbye

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Raleigh/Boone, NC
I use the Shure Music phone adapter with the Hesh and it works fine. I use it in placeof the extender that comes with the Hesh. The attached cable is very short, so it's fine. The controller is a little low but it picks up your voice without problem, and it's in a great place for controlling tracks and answering the phone. It's a great solution.

Word! You may have answered all my questions. Thank you!!

EDIT: On second thought, there wouldn't be any way you could take a couple pictures of the set up, could you? This is to know how long the overall cord length is and just get a picture of where the mic lands. Also, I'm curious because I was intending on using the Griffin SmartTalk as my mic/controller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.