Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D0M3NIC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
After asking to use DVD drive on my PC and getting a confirmation (which takes a long time) on my PC I get a Disk Picture in my Finder on my macbook air. When I click to open the CD, it says the original file of iWork cannot be found. However it is the original because I bought it at the store where I bought my Mac Air at. What is the problem?

Edit: It is working now, it took like 10 minutes though after i clicked get original, as i only had an alias?

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
If its brought legally there is an activation code you have to type in. Im sure I had to anyway???

tooz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
If its brought legally there is an activation code you have to type in. Im sure I had to anyway???

If you download it, there's a serial.
If you buy on DVD, there's no serial. There use to be when they were first released, but apple got rid of it :D

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
If you download it, there's a serial.
If you buy on DVD, there's no serial. There use to be when they were first released, but apple got rid of it :D

That doesn't make any sense. but I trust you. well good luck I don't know what to say.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
That doesn't make any sense. but I trust you.

I'm sure Apple assumes the average Joe/Jane who buys the physical media isn't going to send it offer to a dozen people.

Besides it's all about a seemless experience right? So no key means no hassle or activations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.