Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

big-twinkiesgto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2017
I did the dumb idea of trying to fix my own iPhone 6 Plus. I believe I messed up the little connections where the screen plug into the phone. I don't know if that's the main problem but my iPhone is now completely dead and won't turn on. I really want to get my pics and data off of it. Are there any professional online services that know how to fix this specific type of problem? All I can find online are shops that repair screens, batteries, etc. I'd say this is a lot more complicated. Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    426.9 KB · Views: 336

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I did the dumb idea of trying to fix my own iPhone 6 Plus. I believe I messed up the little connections where the screen plug into the phone. I don't know if that's the main problem but my iPhone is now completely dead and won't turn on. I really want to get my pics and data off of it. Are there any professional online services that know how to fix this specific type of problem? All I can find online are shops that repair screens, batteries, etc. I'd say this is a lot more complicated. Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

I think apple may be your only option.....

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Not sure if Apple will even touch this. Also: backup is the keyword. Lesson learned.
I don't think Apple will repair this. I think this would be considered "accidental damage," so they probably would do an out-of-warranty replacement, for $329. And they definitely won't retrieve existing data.

OP:
You might find a local repair shop that could repair the phone. Try checking online for a local place with good reviews.

And, as Rok73 suggested, start doing backups. It's easy to do backups to iCloud. Once set up, iCloud backups happen automatically, on a daily basis, as long as your phone is connected to power and Wi-Fi, and locked. Backups can really save you when the unexpected happen.

Reactions: Rok73

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It may be simplest to take it to a shop and have them put your motherboard into their phone. If it boots, you can retrieve the data. If it doesn't boot, you'll need to see a tech that can isolate the problem on the motherboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.