Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Firefox123

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
i have a ipod touch PC model 4.2.1 factory, i was wondering how to jailbreak it with redsnow, and whether i will have to do a restore and lose all my data to untether when greenp0ison or jailbreakme 3.0 comes out.
p.s i dont have a mac

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
i have a ipod touch PC model 4.2.1 factory, i was wondering how to jailbreak it with redsnow, and whether i will have to do a restore and lose all my data to untether when greenp0ison or jailbreakme 3.0 comes out.
p.s i dont have a mac

Just download the latest redsn0w, and follow the on-screen instructions. Some great places for information include http://www.google.com, where you can type in "4.2.1 Jailbreak" and get pages upon pages of information. It's the exact same steps as the iPad or iPhone, with the sole exception of needing to download the appropriate IPSW.

Just so you are aware, this is a tehtered jailbreak, if your iPod shuts off, you'll need to boot it using the redsn0w tool on your PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.