Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cate1898

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
Canada
I have an ATV2 I got already Jailbroken. I have links like 1 channel that no longer work. I have no idea what method was used originally to JB it and am unable to find out. I am on OS 5.0.2. Can I JB it again myself using Seas0n Pass which I believe will upgrade the OS to 5.3? I am a newbie at this.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
Yes.
Just dl the latest Seas0nPass. It will automatically update to 5.3 and insert untethered JB.
Before starting I'd recommend to take the time and watch the video tutorial provided on Seas0nPass homepage.

Cate1898

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
Canada
Will I lose all the software including 1 channel that was put on it previously? Or will it update them all so they are working again?

ivandr

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Upgrading to 5.0.3 will wipe any installed tweaks or 'channels', but you can reinstall them.

Just take note of which 'jailbroken' channels are installed on the AppleTV and you can then google for tutorials on reinstalling them later.

I went through this process and did the upgrade in a few mins (took an hour or two to reinstall and setup all my programs with the proper settings etc but I'm glad I did as 5.0.3 includes new channels like HBOGo which is an awesome gain in my book.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.