Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sergey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Hi,

We are a small company based in Europe, that's why we have no chance to test the game we developed for iPhone on an actual device ourselves, so we need your little help.

The game is located here:
http://www.brickshooter.com/online/

We tested the logic etc. thoroughly, the only question is if it is correctly displayed and if interaction works as intended.

Things to test:
1. Is everything is displayed correctly, not scaled down etc. ?
2. Does the tutorial start on the first run?
3. Is it easy to hit the bricks with a fingertip?
4. If you open game rules (Menu -> Game rules), can you scroll the text?
5. Do you like it? :)

For comparison, if you open the following link in Safari — that is how it is supposed to look:
http://www.brickshooter.com/online/?iphone

Thanks in advance.

I believe I can give away some half-year member accounts for those who help :)

bdj21ya

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Here's some quick things I noticed:

1. It displays scaled down, set width of page to 320 pixels
2. The fade animations are really choppy, maybe cut them out.
3. It is easy enough to hit the bricks
4. Tutorial does start on first run.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Your game is pretty cool. Is there anyway to keep the iPhone from zooming in if you accidentally double tap?

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
Cool game! Page looks fine, and you have nice effects. Haven't found any problems yet. I bookmarked it to come back to when I'm bored.

Thanks for sharing!

sergey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Do the "BrickShooter live" and "High scores" features work?
I can't seem to find any ajax calls from iPhones in server logs :(

ZachBrock

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Do the "BrickShooter live" and "High scores" features work?
I can't seem to find any ajax calls from iPhones in server logs :(
I just tried it out. If I go to brickshooter.com/online it crashes safari on my iphone. If I go to brickshooter.com/online/?iphone it works ok. The animations is kind of choppy, and it's a little hard to hit the little blocks with my index finger, I had to switch to my pinkie. Overall it looks really good though, best iPhone app I've found so far.

kman34

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
worked well once you get the hang of it and not touching the screen too much...

Thanks!

Xelnaga15

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
Other than the fade transitions are copy and slow the game over all is a great time killer ... ive allread booked marked it... love it

macfaninpdx

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2007
Things to test:
1. Is everything is displayed correctly, not scaled down etc. ?
2. Does the tutorial start on the first run?
3. Is it easy to hit the bricks with a fingertip?
4. If you open game rules (Menu -> Game rules), can you scroll the text?
5. Do you like it? :)
I loaded the game over the EDGE network.
1. Yes, the game was the correct size.
2. The tutorial started off on the first run, and when I refreshed the page it took me right to the new game menu.
3. It is a little difficult - maybe my fingers are fat but I hit the wrong bricks a few times. Zooming in can help, but then you miss the whole picture.
4. No scrolling. The last paragraph seen on the bottom of the screen ends with "hits another brick it stops."
5. Yes, it is fun.

The fades are pretty choppy, so they make the game seem like it is not working well - although it is only during the transitions.

Nice job.

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Animations are slow, even over wi-fi, but useable. Transitions are slow as well, ie from hitting menu while playing a game, then going back to same game.

Also the scale when on either landscape or portrait mode is a little off. Portrait cuts off the sides (L & R), while landscape cuts top and bottom.

Fun game, I could put up with most of the things, but the speed of the flying blocks needs some attention in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.