Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olletsocmit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
USA
I am having some issues with my photo's on my new iPhone 4S. I gave iCloud a try out and didn't like it so I deleted it and now i am left with this "Photo Stream" folder in my photo album (see pic below). I can not figure out how to delete it! i tried everything, I want it gone!

photo%20stream%20folder%20on%20iPhone.png

The other problem I am having is that I have a folder on my desktop with pics in it that i have synced via iTunes (see pic below). but for some reason there are 2 of the same folder on my iPhone. the folder are the ones circled in red in the pic below. why is it there 2 times?? When i uncheck it and sync my phone, they both go away...

pics%20synced%20in%20iTunes%20screen%20shot.png

2%20same%20folders%20in%20photo%20album.png

littlejob

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
couple places you can remove photo stream.
if you go into the settings then Photos's make sure that photostream is off.

or if you created a mail account with icloud there is an option to turn that off under icloud ont he first settings page.

theres alos a spot in the mail settings. click on your account and open it, if you see that photostream is turned on turn it off..

as far as your second question, if you click that drop down that says "mac pictures" in itunes do you have any other options? i use iphoto so i can manage the pictures much easier.

hope this helps.

olletsocmit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
USA
couple places you can remove photo stream.
if you go into the settings then Photos's make sure that photostream is off.

or if you created a mail account with icloud there is an option to turn that off under icloud ont he first settings page.

theres alos a spot in the mail settings. click on your account and open it, if you see that photostream is turned on turn it off..

as far as your second question, if you click that drop down that says "mac pictures" in itunes do you have any other options? i use iphoto so i can manage the pictures much easier.

hope this helps.

Thanks. I tried all of the things u seggested and the folder is still in my picture albums. its soo annoying.

Rubo Draco

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2011
Have you tried disabling Photos from iCloud?
Settings / iCloud / Storage and Backup / Manage Storage / You Device
and turn Camera Roll Off

olletsocmit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
USA
Have you tried disabling Photos from iCloud?
Settings / iCloud / Storage and Backup / Manage Storage / You Device
and turn Camera Roll Off

I just tried this. It was already off. I just also deleted the account again. the folder is still in my photo albums

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I just tried this. It was already off. I just also deleted the account again. the folder is still in my photo albums

I'm having this issue too...I have two folders with the exact same pictures in them...from what I understand it doesn't take double space...but is annoying as I only want my sycned picture folder and my camera roll folder.

Anyone know how to get rid of the duplicate folder??

olletsocmit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
USA
No one knows how to delete the "Photo Stream" album in my pictures? its pissing me off now! It was not there till I signed into iCloud i deleted my account, but it still wont go away

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
Have you gone to Settings > iCloud > and turned PhotoStream off?

The reason why it appears you have 2 folders is because the Photo Library folder is ALL of your folders whereas your Mac folder is just those images. If you synced more folders/events/albums, all of the images would appear under Photo Library but there would still be individual folders/events/albums. They're not taking up double space though.

olletsocmit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
USA
Have you gone to Settings > iCloud > and turned PhotoStream off?

The reason why it appears you have 2 folders is because the Photo Library folder is ALL of your folders whereas your Mac folder is just those images. If you synced more folders/events/albums, all of the images would appear under Photo Library but there would still be individual folders/events/albums. They're not taking up double space though.

Yes, its turned off in all possible spots. even on my mac, everywhere!

YoYoCome

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
Here is what you do to remove the Photo Stream album:

1. Turn back on Photo Stream.
2. Take a photo on your iPhone.
3. Wait for it until it is loaded up to Photo Stream (meaning the same photo showed up in the Photo Stream album)
4. Turn off Photo Stream and confirm that this will delete the photos.

Optional:
5. Make sure you go log on to http://www.iCloud.com and reset your Photo Stream album.

There's nothing you can do to remove Photo Library album.

Graphicspittz

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2012
MA
Thank you so much

Here is what you do to remove the Photo Stream album:

1. Turn back on Photo Stream.
2. Take a photo on your iPhone.
3. Wait for it until it is loaded up to Photo Stream (meaning the same photo showed up in the Photo Stream album)
4. Turn off Photo Stream and confirm that this will delete the photos.

Optional:
5. Make sure you go log on to http://www.iCloud.com and reset your Photo Stream album.

There's nothing you can do to remove Photo Library album.

This 100% Fixed the problem.. Love this site

CHSeifert

macrumors 6502
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have the exact same issues as OP has.

I have a folder on my iMac called 'iPhone Pics', which has the photos I want on my iPhone thus I have selected this folder as the only folder for iTunes to sync in Photo settings in iTunes under my iPhone.

But I get both this folder and the Photo Library folder on my iPhone - which is a bit annoying.

I still have the Camera Roll folder and the Photostream folder, which is OK - but why do I need 2 folders on my iPhone with the same content in them :confused:

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I still have the Camera Roll folder and the Photostream folder, which is OK - but why do I need 2 folders on my iPhone with the same content in them :confused:

Do you use iTunes for Music?

Do you understand how iTunes has the main 'music' library and also playlists? Have you put music in playlists...do you get how a song can be in a playlist and in the main library?

Got all that? Ok, so just change 'music' to 'photo' in your mind and I think you'll get it.

What's confusing you is that you only have 1 folder so they look the same. It's like having one music playlist that contains all your music. You wouldn't understand the difference between the playlist and the music library in that case either.

If you added multiple folders you'd see that 'Photo Library' contains ALL the photos, added up together. Like this:

photo_library.jpg

Last edited:

CHSeifert

macrumors 6502
Do you use iTunes for Music?

Do you understand how iTunes has the main 'music' library and also playlists? Have you put music in playlists...do you get how a song can be in a playlist and in the main library?

Got all that? Ok, so just change 'music' to 'photo' in your mind and I think you'll get it.

What's confusing you is that you only have 1 folder so they look the same. It's like having one music playlist that contains all your music. You wouldn't understand the difference between the playlist and the music library in that case either.

If you added multiple folders you'd see that 'Photo Library' contains ALL the photos, added up together. Like this:

Thanks for clarifying that for me :)

rei12345

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
im having this issue and i want my 2nd photo album to be gone
is this a bug??
any way to delete it??

lornamul

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2013
Duplicate Photo Folders

I understand about the Photo Library. The problem I have is that I have the folders which I've created but I also have many folders which are dates like 2013-04-27 which contain duplicates of the photos I have in the folders which I've created & named but I don't know how to delete these date folders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.