Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaskedCarrot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Northern VA
I just recently upgraded to SL and have a few issues. I am still kinda new to OSX even though I've had an iMac for a a few years. I mainly was using Windows 7 on Bootcamp, but now want to really get to know OSX.

First, in Leopard there were icons on the desktop for my MAC hard drive and my Windows hard drive. But after installing SL they aren't on there. I liked the idea of having them on the desktop for quick access. Can someone let me know how to get them back on the desktop?

Second I have a Razer DeathAdder mouse I use. I have the latest OSX drivers installed. This problem I've had with Leopard and Snow Leopard is that even though I've set the tracking speed under System Preferences, after rebooting the tracking goes all the way back to down the the lowest setting. I've tried setting it in the DeathAdder's software and in the regular preferences in OSX but after reboot it always goes back down. It is annoying cause it tracks way to slow and I have to manually up it a few notches whenever I boot up.

Thanks for the help guys.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I just recently upgraded to SL and have a few issues. I am still kinda new to OSX even though I've had an iMac for a a few years. I mainly was using Windows 7 on Bootcamp, but now want to really get to know OSX.

First, in Leopard there were icons on the desktop for my MAC hard drive and my Windows hard drive. But after installing SL they aren't on there. I liked the idea of having them on the desktop for quick access. Can someone let me know how to get them back on the desktop?

Click on your desktop, then in the menu bar select where it says "Finder" (top left corner near the Apple logo), then select "Preferences" from the drop down menu. Make sure there's a check in the box next to "Hard disks".

MaskedCarrot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Northern VA
Click on your desktop, then in the menu bar select where it says "Finder" (top left corner near the Apple logo), then select "Preferences" from the drop down menu. Make sure there's a check in the box next to "Hard disks".

Oh my that was easy. Switching to a new OS can really make ya feel like a noob.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.