Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

romanof

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2020
Texas
I downloaded my first app which was Juno for Youtube. Naturally, the process worked as usual even on a strange device. Juno started and played a video beautifully. Then... I can't get out of the first video. The only visible control is a replay. Exiting and restarted Juno brings up the same video. Looking up, down sideways, through and pinching everywhere doesn't find anything to exit with, except for the built in exit-app. I can force quit, but that is obviously not the proper solution.

Anybody?

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I downloaded my first app which was Juno for Youtube. Naturally, the process worked as usual even on a strange device. Juno started and played a video beautifully. Then... I can't get out of the first video. The only visible control is a replay. Exiting and restarted Juno brings up the same video. Looking up, down sideways, through and pinching everywhere doesn't find anything to exit with, except for the built in exit-app. I can force quit, but that is obviously not the proper solution.

Anybody?

Why not try the force quit? I think Juno has a few little issues, he even said he rushed it out, but still works fairly well for me. My biggest issue is watching on Juno doesn't show up watched on actual YouTube site. But I have not experienced your issue.

romanof

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2020
Texas
Why not try the force quit? I think Juno has a few little issues, he even said he rushed it out, but still works fairly well for me. My biggest issue is watching on Juno doesn't show up watched on actual YouTube site. But I have not experienced your issue.
Yes, force quit works. But what and where do you click to either exit the video or move to the next? I can't find a button anywhere.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Yes, force quit works. But what and where do you click to either exit the video or move to the next? I can't find a button anywhere.
The X on the top left of the video.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 2.45.33 PM.png

Reactions: romanof

romanof

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2020
Texas
Ah. That is the problem and is a bug. I can not get an X to show anywhere. Guess I will wait till he fixes it. I think I will dump it and reload and see what happens.

Thanks.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
You have to press the restart button and then use the exit button at the top left to exit. It’s just a bug or oversight. As far as I can tell Christian knocked this app up very quickly after the news of no native YouTube app at launch so it’s not perfect (the random scrubbing bug is very annoying). Don’t get me wrong though, I’m extremely grateful he did it.

mariotr87

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2011
For what it's worth, I found that this happens to me when I open a video and then make the Juno window smaller. For some reason the X button goes out of the view instead of being anchored to the top left regardless of window size.

In other words, if you make the video larger, you should see the button again.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
You have to press the restart button and then use the exit button at the top left to exit. It’s just a bug or oversight. As far as I can tell Christian knocked this app up very quickly after the news of no native YouTube app at launch so it’s not perfect (the random scrubbing bug is very annoying). Don’t get me wrong though, I’m extremely grateful he did it.

Restart the video, and then the X will appear again. It’s a little janky but at the moment it’s better than the alternative. I am mainly bummed at constantly being logged out and there being no apparent way to thumbs up videos.

Reactions: zakarhino

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003

I would have been happier if he didnt charge 5 bucks for it. I find it to be very buggy, so dont use it. Well, like the AVP, I suppose I have to have patience.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
OP, I think it's a bug in the app. I had the same problem and had to force quit the app and reopen it to get the x button to come back so I could stop the video.

Ensyed

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
I had the same issue.
I have started using safari to watch Netflix and YouTube. In full screen mode it’s pretty good.

laestrella

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
For what it's worth, I found that this happens to me when I open a video and then make the Juno window smaller. For some reason the X button goes out of the view instead of being anchored to the top left regardless of window size.

In other words, if you make the video larger, you should see the button again.
This is the right solution. You basically need to resize the window. Hopefully the developer can fix soon.

Reactions: uiop.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.