Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Hello,

I need help with pages on my iPad. I'm trying to have a table with 2 columns and 5 rows, but I want the 4th row to have only one column. So I want the two columns not to be separated in that row basically.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Hello,

I need help with pages on my iPad. I'm trying to have a table with 2 columns and 5 rows, but I want the 4th row to have only one column. So I want the two columns not to be separated in that row basically.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Select the two cells in that row and merge them?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Well, how would you do that? How do you select them both in the first place?

There's a little circle on the cell that you can use to drag.
de44614152b69224a121fad4cf0f8ec0.jpg

Once you have selected the cells, a small popup should appear with the option to merge. If it doesn't just tap lightly on the cell and it should come up.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Awesome, thank you so much! I wonder where you can learn all these things? Is there some sort of manual for Pages on iPad? I couldn't find any before creating this thread…

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Awesome, thank you so much! I wonder where you can learn all these things? Is there some sort of manual for Pages on iPad? I couldn't find any before creating this thread…
Google is your friend. Any query you have, chances are, someone has experienced a similar issue and sought a fix. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.