Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nintendoswitch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2021
i use universal control frequently, and now it won’t work. i have an M1 MacBook Air and a 9th gen iPad. Both have universal control enabled. No matter how hard I try pushing the cursor towards the iPad, plugged in or wireless, it won’t connect. the Mac is on MacOS Ventura 13.4, and the iPad is on iPadOS 16.4. did Apple disable universal control? did apple change somthing? Am I doing something wrong?

nintendoswitch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2021
Oh yeah, also, when I go to control center and go to screen mirroring, it no longer shows “linked keyboard and mouse” as an option.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Oh yeah, also, when I go to control center and go to screen mirroring, it no longer shows “linked keyboard and mouse” as an option.
this has been happening to me occasionally lately too (and reported it). trying variations on these things may help (hard to pinpoint what fixes it, and... not always...)

turn off/on handoff.
turn off/on wifi, bluetooth
sleep, rewake macs
uncheck/recheck the 'link to ipad or mac' option

or it may work sometimes after both my macs have been awake....

Colonel Panik

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
I think Apple borked it after the updates to macOS 13.3 (that's what you're on, right?) and iPadOS 16.4. Simply doesn't work for me, was working (70% of the time before). Annoying. Bug report filed to Apple, but who knows.
Mac mini M1, iPad Pro 3rd Gen.

nintendoswitch

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2021
I think Apple borked it after the updates to macOS 13.3 (that's what you're on, right?) and iPadOS 16.4. Simply doesn't work for me, was working (70% of the time before). Annoying. Bug report filed to Apple, but who knows.
Mac mini M1, iPad Pro 3rd Gen.
Yeah I meant MacOS 13.3. It’s confusing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.