Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alaskanmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Ok so I just got the new 20" 2.4 imac and i decided to install WC3, I installed reign of chaos fine, but then when i install the frozen throne it wont let me play it. I click on it to open it and it says "Warcraft 3 has encountered an error and needs to close" can someone please help me? Ive reinstalled the game 4 times but it doesnt work.

Alaskanmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
Not sure why its opening in quicktime. You need to extract it with StuffIt or something like TheUnarchiver. There's a file in there that you run after extracting the .bin file.

Alaskanmac

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Not sure why its opening in quicktime. You need to extract it with StuffIt or something like TheUnarchiver. There's a file in there that you run after extracting the .bin file.

thats the thing, when its saving on my desktop its not in a zip folder... its just a document that apple see's as a MPEG... how do i make it so i can unzip it????

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
Right click, open with, then pick StuffIt or TheUnarchiver. If you don't have either you'll have to download it.

hankolerd

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Seattle, WA
thats the thing, when its saving on my desktop its not in a zip folder... its just a document that apple see's as a MPEG... how do i make it so i can unzip it????

chances are you don't have stuffit installed. if you do then right-click(control-click) the .bin and say open with...:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.