Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Hey guys,

Until now, i was using my friends WoW second account, but now he has stopped me from using it, and wants me to get my own. Unfortunatly, i do not have a visa yet, so the only way I would really pay for it would be buying the pre-paid cards. The only problem with is that apparently you can't use mail, which is a huge help to me. Is that true? and also, if you already have an account from hte 10 day trial, can you just add on time to that account? or do you need to buy the game discs, then make a new account?

Thanks so much for the help.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Alrihgt, will do, thanks for the fast response... anyone else know?

thankins

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
Alrihgt, will do, thanks for the fast response... anyone else know?

You can use paypal.com now to pay for WoW's monthly fees. After your ten days are up - you will be required to buy the game. This can be done online - it will actually just give you a CD-code that is tied to your account. if you happen to re-format you can download the game from the site or you can use your friends disc to re-install the game on your computer. You can also download (not legally) a copy of it if you desire. Your CD key will be tied to your account no matter what disc you use.

Be warned - WoW = Crack

Bimmi

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
I pay for my WoW account exclusively with pre-paid cards, and everything works just fine. Your trial account can be turned into a subscription account, though you can also make a new one if you prefer.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
lol, i know WoW=crack, i am fully prepared not to give my soul away ;)

and Bimmi, did you have to buy the discs? and does mail work?

stomer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
lol, i know WoW=crack, i am fully prepared not to give my soul away ;)

and Bimmi, did you have to buy the discs? and does mail work?
AFAIK, you can't send mail with trail account. This is to stop gold spammers. You'll need to buy the discs in order to get yourself a serial number that you use to register for a full account.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
oh, ok, so I buy the discs. get a full account, then I pay with pre-paid cards. Then I still have all of the features as if I would normally be paying with a credit card?

Thanks for the help so far.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
oh, ok, so I buy the discs. get a full account, then I pay with pre-paid cards. Then I still have all of the features as if I would normally be paying with a credit card?

You pay, you play. Doesn't matter if it is credit card, paypal, prepaid card, whatever. The game is the game. If you are off the trial period and onto the paying sub, WoW is yours to enjoy with no restrictions.

Bimmi

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
You can't use mail or the bank on a trial account, nor can you get past level 20 for that matter. But no matter how you pay, as long as you pay, you get free run of the game.

I started out on a trial account (well, actually, I did four different ones). Even though I bought the box to start my paid subscription, I ran the donwloaded install for several months afterwards (I chose to reinstall everything from disc when I got the expansion).

My ten characters spend a good chunk of game time mailing things back and forth to each other. Resource management is easily the most complicated part of the game for me.

One thing I like about using pre-paid cards is that I can put the game down for a month (as I'm about to do) without the hassle of having to stop payments from a CC or PayPal. It's probably the safest alternative, too.

I'm still having a blast with it after six months. I get bored sometimes, but in some ways it's a game that is as interesting as you care to make it.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Ok, I went out today and bought the discs... Last bit of help that I need, When i get to the part where you need to put in the code? whihc code do I put in? The disc comes with a free month of play, so shouldn't I not have to buy a pre-paid card? The only other thing that came in the box was a 10 day guest pass...

Any help?

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
Put the numbers that are on the disc. You'll get a free month added to your account. Then go to your account and enter your pre-pay card number.

Enjoy. :D

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
numbers on my discs? you mean the authentaction key?

And In the box I didnt get a pre-pay card...

Could I just use the 10 day guest pass? or would that make my account a trial version?

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
Yes the authentaction key. And sorry I thought you had bought a prepaid card to use. Also the 10 day guest passes are trials.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Alright, I will try to use the authentation key, if that doesnt work, i dont know what will...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.