Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sodam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2020
hemet
need help with information on Mac mug.

Attachments

• 1B181D61-8C0F-4FC3-9EC0-32F7B6A16CA0.jpeg
    1B181D61-8C0F-4FC3-9EC0-32F7B6A16CA0.jpeg
    524 KB · Views: 259
  • D1922057-C23A-4DCD-A4BF-66D9DBACD61F.jpeg
    D1922057-C23A-4DCD-A4BF-66D9DBACD61F.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 264AE725-CEEC-4AD9-82BD-FF2FDBC1DBF1.jpeg
    264AE725-CEEC-4AD9-82BD-FF2FDBC1DBF1.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 237

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I thought the text on the bottom was interesting "Macintosh is a trademark of McIntosh Labs Inc. licenced to Apple Computers, Inc."
So, that cup was available pretty early on in the Mac's history.
(McIntosh Labs is a really high end Audio equipment company, not related to Apple)

Wonder if anyone remembers when Apple got control of the Macintosh name?

Finally, I also noticed the use of the British spelling of "licenced". Maybe just misspelled, or maybe tells something about where it came from.

sodam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2020
hemet
Steve originally wanted to name to ComputerHD buy the righ
I thought the text on the bottom was interesting "Macintosh is a trademark of McIntosh Labs Inc. licenced to Apple Computers, Inc."
(McIntosh Labs is a really high end Audio equipment company, not related to Apple)

Finally, I also noticed the use of the British spelling of "licenced". Maybe just misspelled, or maybe tells something about where it came from.

Steve Jobs originally wanted to name his first computer Mcintosh after his favorite Apple, but it was already in use by audio manufacture steve requested that Mcintosh laboratories give Apple a release for the newly spelled name, allowing Apple to use it. The request was denied forcing Apple to buy the right to use the name.
this is the only information I can find about the two companies together. I cant find anything on system promotions

Reactions: D.T.

sodam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2020
hemet
Steve originally wanted to name to ComputerHD buy the righ

Steve Jobs originally wanted to name his first computer Mcintosh after his favorite Apple, but it was already in use by audio manufacture steve requested that Mcintosh laboratories give Apple a release for the newly spelled name, allowing Apple to use it. The request was denied forcing Apple to buy the right to use the name.
this is the only information I can find about the two companies together. I cant find anything on system promotions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.