Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michelle21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Now with the wifi touch will the name of this group have to change?

Do you realize, took me a minute to sink in that anything we develop is likely to be compatable with the new Ipod too. Talk about instant market share.

I've been getting comments from people in countries I've never heard of, and we haven't even launched yet.

michelle21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
iPhone discussion shouldn't include iPod touch, however I think development for iPhone may need to start including iPod touch.

Which was my point... We just increased our marketshare friends....

And it justifies getting a 16gb Ipod touch, wouldn't be fair to claim something works when we didn't test it ourselves....

Unless your microsoft that is.

Daiden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Chicago, IL
Which was my point... We just increased our marketshare friends....

And it justifies getting a 16gb Ipod touch, wouldn't be fair to claim something works when we didn't test it ourselves....

Unless your microsoft that is.

The iPhone has more features than the iPod Touch (like a camera, EDGE, e-mail, etc), so programs made for it could potentially do things that the iPod Touch can't support. This is why there should be separate forums.

To break it down, the iPhone can do everything the iPod Touch can, but the iPod Touch can't do everything the iPhone can.

michelle21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
The iPhone has more features than the iPod Touch (like a camera, EDGE, e-mail, etc), so programs made for it could potentially do things that the iPod Touch can't support. This is why there should be separate forums.

To break it down, the iPhone can do everything the iPod Touch can, but the iPod Touch can't do everything the iPhone can.

I see your point, but there will be a lot of redundancy, both devices use web 2.0 technology.

Take my app for instance, since its performance is really lousy over edge, except for music . It may be more suitable for the ipod touch than the Iphone. However it was developed for the iphone because that came first.

So really discussions could be in both forums.

Maybe you need 3 forums,

web 2.0 development

Iphone specific apps

Ipod touch specifc apps

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006

I agree with this.

What I can suggest, is that they make a new forum. We have the iPhone forum, so why not just add a iPod forum ... I think it deserves it now instead of the iPod and iTunes sub-forum in Apple hardware. Split that up and Add iTunes to Apple Software because of the new ringtone and WiFi support.

Possible sub-forums for iPod could include iPod (general discussion), iPod News, iPod Tips, Help, and Troubleshooting, iPod Accessories, iPod Touch Applications or just iPod Apps and development and have a read me that this only pertains to the Touch.

michelle21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
I agree with this.

What I can suggest, is that they make a new forum. We have the iPhone forum, so why not just add a iPod forum ... I think it deserves it now instead of the iPod and iTunes sub-forum in Apple hardware. Split that up and Add iTunes to Apple Software because of the new ringtone and WiFi support.

Possible sub-forums for iPod could include iPod (general discussion), iPod News, iPod Tips, Help, and Troubleshooting, iPod Accessories, iPod Touch Applications or just iPod Apps and development and have a read me that this only pertains to the Touch.

to quote an old scifi, the martians are us!

You do realize that 90% of us here are early adaptors, admit it you know who you are, so THEY is "WE". Most of us will have one or more new Ipods by the end of the year at least.

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
to quote an old scifi, the martians are us!

You do realize that 90% of us here are early adaptors, admit it you know who you are, so THEY is "WE". Most of us will have one or more new Ipods by the end of the year at least.

LOl!

I just meant "they" as in the moderators/admins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.