Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helpmeout12345

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2014
Hello. Here's the deal:
I have a jb iphone 4s with the latest ios 7 jailbreak (pangu) and it has been running slow for some time now.

I have been planning on restoring for some time now, and suddenly, today it crashed and rebooted, and when it did, i lost stock apps like itunes, app store, calculator, and mail.

So i tried restoring to a previous backup on one computer and it didnt remove the jailbreak or the problem. So then i tried to update and restore. I tried 3 times on this computer and everytime, it would say something about the connection timing out and wouldnt restore. I put the phone into dfu mode a few times to tried to restore the phone, but every time, the phone wasn't recognizable. it wouldnt show up on itunes!

So i took it out of DFU mode and tried updating and restoring on another computer, and it downloaded ios8 and began to extract the software, but after extracting, it said that an unknown error occured and that it couldnt be restored. So now the phone is in dfu mode and isnt recognizable. I can't get it out of dfu mode and now im freaking out! I've been at this for like 5 hours now and i have no idea what to do! Please, someone give me some quick and good help!

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
Hello. Here's the deal:
I have a jb iphone 4s with the latest ios 7 jailbreak (pangu) and it has been running slow for some time now.

I have been planning on restoring for some time now, and suddenly, today it crashed and rebooted, and when it did, i lost stock apps like itunes, app store, calculator, and mail.

So i tried restoring to a previous backup on one computer and it didnt remove the jailbreak or the problem. So then i tried to update and restore. I tried 3 times on this computer and everytime, it would say something about the connection timing out and wouldnt restore. I put the phone into dfu mode a few times to tried to restore the phone, but every time, the phone wasn't recognizable. it wouldnt show up on itunes!

So i took it out of DFU mode and tried updating and restoring on another computer, and it downloaded ios8 and began to extract the software, but after extracting, it said that an unknown error occured and that it couldnt be restored. So now the phone is in dfu mode and isnt recognizable. I can't get it out of dfu mode and now im freaking out! I've been at this for like 5 hours now and i have no idea what to do! Please, someone give me some quick and good help!

Download BootRec and use it to exit recovery mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.