Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Magus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Mississippi (soon Boston)
Hey guys. I just switched from Dell to the 12" G4 PowerBook, which I love, but I'm in need of a good laptop sleeve. I'm going to college in a few weeks, and I want to be able to lug around the PB and throw it in my backpack without banging it up, etc. I've been looking into the Timbuk2 sleeve, but I haven't made up my mind. Any advice?

Austin

plutnicki

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2003
Waterfield makes a good sleeve, from what I've read. Also some nice cases... I have a Marware Sportsuit, that really isn't much more than a sleevecase, it's quite nice and could be used as stand alone as well. Marware also makes a sleeve.

There are a ton of good ones, and I don't know that there is a lot of difference between the ones that make just plain sleeves , usually they all have pretty much the same features (some durable outer covering with some kind of soft, non-scratchy liner). Waterfield does offer options for adding things to the sleeve (flap, D-rings).

Buy from a company you like and I suspect you'll be happy.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i love my timbuk2 sleeve. has a nice snuggly fit. just big enough for the powerbook, i highly recommend it.

iJon

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
-Magus

I still have the InCase that was the first sleeve/carrying bag made specifically for the 12"PB.

Soft padding, comfy shoulder strap, enough room inside for some paper, and stretchy pockets under the handles for your power block.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.