Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Hey guys,
I just bought my ibook last week (missed out on ilife 05'...oh well) Was wondering about whether it was worth it to get iskin or not. Is getting oil from the keys on the screen really an issue in the new ibooks?

I know their is a big post about cases in one of the other threads but I didn't find it much helpful. I am just looking for something small, affordable, and that will keep my ibook safe.

armandocerna

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2004
Chico, CA
I have an iskin and I love it. I tend to use an external bluetooth keybaord mostly when i'm not mobile. The only thing about the iskin is it attracts all kinds of lint and dust but it does doa good job protecting your keys. As far as the case goes I think I got mine for $49 it is an made by incase and designed to fit the 12" ibook perfectly and I find it's just enough to store all of my ibook goodies and a couple other things (phone charger, ipod charger) Here is the Link. I think it will expire soon. Just go to the apple store and type incase laptop sleeve and it's the 6th one down. Enjoy

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
greenguy4 said:
Hey guys,
I just bought my ibook last week (missed out on ilife 05'...oh well) Was

You might want to check the Apple Store concerning iLife 05. I just purchased a 14" iBook from Amazon ($150 rebate, no tax, free shipping :D ) on 16 Jan 05. Although iLife 05 was not loaded, Apple has a deal if you did purchase a "qualifying" Apple product from 11 Jan (I think) you can buy iLife 05 for $19.99. Seemed like a pretty good deal considering it sells retail for ~$80. Just ordered it a few minutes ago. Here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/ilife/uptodate/

Cheers

dcormann

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2005
Iskin is definitely worth it...it does attract dust however if you simply put it under some water it comes right off. Some people say it hampers typing but I dont find this to be the case. If you want to protect the insides of your ibook I definitely recommend it.

wwidgirl

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2004
easy to get used to

love the iskin keyboard thingy and iskin for my ipod mini.
Took some getting used to but I've had it for a few days and I would say that I'm used to it now. Keeps my keyboard nice and clean. Ipod mini seems much more protected now. Especially the screen. And I like the buckle thingy that swivels.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
iSkin

I bought iSkin keyboard covers for my Ti an Al PB and Apple Bluetooth keyboard. iSkin for PBs are okay (it dulls the keyboard typing experience and sometimes it is difficult to hit the right key because of the cover.)

For iSkin for Apple bluetooh keyboard, I could not type with it on. I had to press the keys twice as hard for typing (it causes strain on your wrist and you have to watch out for carpel tunnel syndrom) and I had a difficult time specially for pressing "return" and "space" which are tow of the most of the frequently used keys.

Do you have the similar problem with iSkin for Apple bluetooth keyboard? I am typing this without it as I could not stand keeping it on. I hope I can keep it on as it protects the keyboard from dust and other contaminents. Oh well, I have to wash my hands before I use my computers (which I do anyone:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.