Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superloco831

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
Ok I have an unlocked iPhone 14 pro max with my primary number and a personal number on T-Mobile so I decided to try Verizon for the 30 day trial just because so anyway this morning downloaded the esim no problem but as of now it’s been strictly nothing but lte and I live in a city with great Verizon 5g coverage but it just want catch 5g for some unknown reason so anyway I decided to call Verizon and they were nice but didn’t seem to know anything and then at the last said the trial is lte only and I said no it’s not it says on your my verizon app it’s lte/5g and even 5g uw if you are in the area and 100 gb data so I didn’t cause a fuss just thanked them and came here to post so am I wrong I don’t know that is why I am asking for help

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Only comment as a long time Verizon Wireless customer - their maps are horrible. My location says I should not have any 5G and I have 5G, and other locations that say they have strong 5g have none.

In order for me to get 5G more I have to do:

Settings --> Cellular --> Verizon Wireless --> Voice & Data ---- "5G On"
Settings --> Cellular --> Verizon Wireless --> Data Mode ---- "Allow More Data on 5G"

This really helps Verizon phones pick up 5G if it is available. My experience 5G has been absolutely horrific - worse than LTE in a lot of places here in Southern CA.

superloco831

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2018
Only comment as a long time Verizon Wireless customer - their maps are horrible. My location says I should not have any 5G and I have 5G, and other locations that say they have strong 5g have none.

In order for me to get 5G more I have to do:

Settings --> Cellular --> Verizon Wireless --> Voice & Data ---- "5G On"
Settings --> Cellular --> Verizon Wireless --> Data Mode ---- "Allow More Data on 5G"

This really helps Verizon phones pick up 5G if it is available. My experience 5G has been absolutely horrific - worse than LTE in a lot of places here in Southern CA.

Hey thanks for the reply I understand completely but I am in the southwest missouri section and Verizon 5g is strong out here but I am just stumped as to why this esim want pick up 5g is a damn 14 pro max just doesn’t make sense

Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.