Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaitlin4599

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
United States
need some game recommendations for my mac its a bit old
283769047_737976300569439_6526425195716284536_n.jpg

• Love
Reactions: sorgo †

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
We could just list off a bunch of games, but it would be better if you let us know what type of games you are into.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
You will need to update your OS to at least Mojave, but World of Warcraft is a very popular game, and has been great when it comes to Mac support.

WoW is a MMORPG, and just recently had its 18 year anniversary.

The new expansion for WoW will be launching in a few days, and the pre-patch for that expansion dropped support for High Sierra. Mojave works, but you get a messaging saying that your OS is out of date, and you should upgrade soon, and they recommend Catalina (I think), but Mojave works fine.

Blizzard probably will not drop Mojave support for WoW for a few years.

Reactions: Irishman

kaitlin4599

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
United States
You will need to update your OS to at least Mojave, but World of Warcraft is a very popular game, and has been great when it comes to Mac support.

WoW is a MMORPG, and just recently had its 18 year anniversary.

The new expansion for WoW will be launching in a few days, and the pre-patch for that expansion dropped support for High Sierra. Mojave works, but you get a messaging saying that your OS is out of date, and you should upgrade soon, and they recommend Catalina (I think), but Mojave works fine.

Blizzard probably will not drop Mojave support for WoW for a few years.
im looking for either a dungeons craWler similar to diablo 3 or a good first person shoot something that will run fine on the IGPU

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
im looking for either a dungeons craWler similar to diablo 3 or a good first person shoot something that will run fine on the IGPU
Path of Exile is free to play and is similar to Diablo. Technically your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements, but it could still (probably) run. For FPS, the older games like Left for Dead, or the older Call of Duties will work. I wouldn't expect many (if any) newer FPSes to run (at least in macOS) on that hardware.

Reactions: Huntn and Irishman

Homy

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2006
Sweden
Your choice is limited to older games due to your Iris Pro. Regarding FPS you should be able to run games like, Bioshock 1-2, Borderlands 1-2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Batman Arkham City, Tomb Raider, Metro 2033, Metro Last light and similar older games on medium/high at lower resolutions. You can check the performance here.

Reactions: Huntn and Irishman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.