Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mulze22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Up Nort
Allright. I downloaded a cool Night Scope filter but I can't seem to bring it up in Photoshop. I have no clue why. I put it in my filters folder and it will still not show up. Do I have to install it some special way or should it just load. I have CS2 if that helps. Thanks.
Mike

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
mulze22 said:
Allright. I downloaded a cool Night Scope filter but I can't seem to bring it up in Photoshop. I have no clue why. I put it in my filters folder and it will still not show up. Do I have to install it some special way or should it just load. I have CS2 if that helps. Thanks.
Mike

I think it goes into your "Plug-ins" folder... not the Filter folder.
All my plugins are in the PLUG-IN folder as shown in the attachment.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 125

mulze22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Up Nort
cgratti said:
I think it goes into your "Plug-ins" folder... not the Filter folder.
All my plugins are in the PLUG-IN folder as shown in the attachment.

Ok, so I put my plug-ing in my Plug-in folder but when I looked in my Filters menu and looked in all the sub menus I could not find my Night Scope one. Also Photoshop is not letting me open my Filter Gallery, is there something wrong with that too?

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
mulze22 said:
Ok, so I put my plug-ing in my Plug-in folder but when I looked in my Filters menu and looked in all the sub menus I could not find my Night Scope one. Also Photoshop is not letting me open my Filter Gallery, is there something wrong with that too?

after copying the filters, you need to close and restart photoshop.

is this a free filter? if it's a free download, send it to me and I can install it and tell you where and how it works, or just give me the link..

PM me and let me know if you want to do it, and I can reply with my email.

mulze22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Up Nort
cgratti said:
after copying the filters, you need to close and restart photoshop.

is this a free filter? if it's a free download, send it to me and I can install it and tell you where and how it works, or just give me the link..

PM me and let me know if you want to do it, and I can reply with my email.
I'm going to take you up on this deal. I'm at school right now at but when I get home in about an hour and a half I will PM you. Actually I will PM you right now so I can send it to you when I get home. Thanks man.

mulze22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Up Nort
Fixed It!

I was fooling around with the settings in Photoshop when I was making a new project and then I fooled around with the color mode and set it to RGB and clicked OK. Every filter showed up including the filter gallery. Thanks for all the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.