Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
Hello,

I need to download a Mac OS Monterey DMG or ISO file so to be able to use with my VM software. So far I could only download a PKG file. Is there a way to convert this or is there a reliable source to directly download the OS on either ISO or DMG file ?

Thank you in advance.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hello,

I need to download a Mac OS Monterey DMG or ISO file so to be able to use with my VM software. So far I could only download a PKG file. Is there a way to convert this or is there a reliable source to directly download the OS on either ISO or DMG file ?

Thank you in advance.
What VM software are you using?

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
If you already have a Mac running, the easiest way is MDS (free). You can select the OS version and it downloads/creates a dmg.

• Love
Reactions: chris1981

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Reactions: kitKAC

chris1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2013
Hello guys,

Thank you all for your replies, it was very helpful.
Best solution for me was the MDS software which I personally find simply amazing. Only negative I found is the fact that it doesnt give the option to download IPSW files which I solved by using the Mist software.

Best regards,
Chris.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
Hello guys,

Thank you all for your replies, it was very helpful.
Best solution for me was the MDS software which I personally find simply amazing. Only negative I found is the fact that it doesnt give the option to download IPSW files which I solved by using the Mist software.

Best regards,
Chris.
Did you check this box in MDS?

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 12.56.05.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.