Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

volley13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2013
Hi,

Earlier I attempted to upgrade Safari from 6.1, found a site, downloaded ver 7.0, and when I launched it, it said the app requires 10.8 or later. So, I'm thinking if I can upgrade to 10.8, I can then use the later version of Safari that I now have. Can someone provided a link so that I can download it for free, if possible? I have a mid-2007 imac that I'm going to give to my daughter, and I'm little hesitant to trying upgrading to El Capitain.

tks,

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi,

Earlier I attempted to upgrade Safari from 6.1, found a site, downloaded ver 7.0, and when I launched it, it said the app requires 10.8 or later. So, I'm thinking if I can upgrade to 10.8, I can then use the later version of Safari that I now have. Can someone provided a link so that I can download it for free, if possible? I have a mid-2007 imac that I'm going to give to my daughter, and I'm little hesitant to trying upgrading to El Capitain.

tks,
Google found this for me: http://www.apple.com/shop/product/D6377Z/A/os-x-mountain-lion
It's not free software, so links to places to find it for free can't be posted here.
I'd just go ahead and use El Capitan. It's free and works fine for the vast majority of users.

Reactions: Weaselboy

volley13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2013
Okay, thanks. I didn't know about the fee link postings. I should have the read the rules more closely. I'm now thinking I might just use Google Chrome and not worry about Safari at all...

Thanks for the response...

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Okay, thanks. I didn't know about the fee link postings. I should have the read the rules more closely. I'm now thinking I might just use Google Chrome and not worry about Safari at all...

Thanks for the response...
Chrome now requires 10.9 or later, if you want to be current with security updates and Flash. Give El Capitan a try, and just make a backup first. If its performance is inadequate, then just revert to the backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.