Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Being

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2023
More than a question I have a solution. A while ago I noticed that the videos I had in "Photos" on my iMac Pro had a negative / inverted thumbnail. This did not bother me at first. But then I noticed my videos looked whiter than usual when reproducing them! Thankfully Camila Eugenia an employee at apple support asked me with which device did I shoot those videos. And I told her that I shot them with my iPhone 13 pro max. She then told me that on my iPhone on Settings>Camera>Record Video I probably had HDR turned on which made my videos have an inverted / negative thumbnail and look whiter when transferred to my iMac Pro because I had an outdated software (on my iMac Pro). Camila then told me to update my iMac Pro's software to Ventura 13.2.1 and thanks to God, Virgin Mary and everyone the color of my videos are normal. The thumbnail however remained negative/Inverted but that does not bother me, im grateful the colors of my videos when reproducing them are normal.

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 9.13.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 9.11.38 PM.png

Reactions: TorbenIbsen
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.