Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Ok, so my cat jumps up onto the counter from an autimon (how ever you spell it); so I go and slap it for being on the counter. It jumps down from the counter into my iBook and my iBook tumbles backwards onto the floor from about a foot and a half up. Should I be worried? The HDD does have the one feature where it removes the head if it notices any weird movements. I'm just really nervous about my iBook.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Worried? Sure...

But does it show any signs of being damaged, externally: cracks or dents or internally: weird system behaviour or non-functioning features? If not then it might have gone just fine.

Most of my laptops has taken the occasional tumble without being damaged (hopefully the magsafe on my new MacBook will make this the first to break that "tradition" ;)) and my iPod mini took one heck of a ride down a concrete staircase without even scratching.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
thewhitehart said:
Ottoman. ORIGIN early 19th cent.: from French ottomane, feminine of ottoman ‘Ottoman.’ :D

Put cat in small enclosure for 24 hours. Suitable punnishment. (j/k)
You guys are tempting me so badly.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
If you're really worried, starting up from the hardware test CD and running an extended test can give you some piece of mind.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
DJMastaWes said:
No, be nice to the cat! Move your iBook.
**** the cat, she's a lousy cat if you ask me. More blonde than a blonde. She is mean, she is jealous, she is just a real *****. So I'd rather treat my iBook to a nice upscale treatment rather than give my kitty a fancy fancy meal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.