Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ediks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2015
Since there is an option in macOS 12 to airplay content from ipad or iphone to the mac, can anyone try if this is possible for netflix videos since there is still no official macOS app. Thanks

VerunaS

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2020
Hello.

Newbie here but, long time lurker.

I successfully airplayed an episode of Goosebumps and a random homepage featured show via the iphone Netflix App running B4 on XS. Both popped up in Safari pretty smoothly to the website on my MacBook Pro 2018 running 12.0 B4.

To invoke it, on the Netflix iOS app, I selected a show, tapped hare, tapped more options and finally, tapped air drop. (had to do that once. for the second show I tapped my MacBook.)

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
Hello.

Newbie here but, long time lurker.

I successfully airplayed an episode of Goosebumps and a random homepage featured show via the iphone Netflix App running B4 on XS. Both popped up in Safari pretty smoothly to the website on my MacBook Pro 2018 running 12.0 B4.

To invoke it, on the Netflix iOS app, I selected a show, tapped hare, tapped more options and finally, tapped air drop. (had to do that once. for the second show I tapped my MacBook.)
You used AirDrop…that isn’t the same as AirPlay, which the OP is asking about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.