Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhoenixDown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Hi Folks,

I have an AppleTV 4k and when I click on the Netflix app, I would like it to always go into my profile and not display the other family members on my account. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
This is so strange.

I would like it always to ask what profile to use, and it doesn't always behave this way.

For example, if my daughter was watching something on Netflix, and I exit Netflix and use Siri to find something to watch. I choose "Open in Netflix", it usually opens it in the last profile that was recently used.

As for the OP's issue, I thought I saw a setting for this, although I might be confusing it with a different app.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
This is so strange.

I would like it always to ask what profile to use, and it doesn't always behave this way.

For example, if my daughter was watching something on Netflix, and I exit Netflix and use Siri to find something to watch. I choose "Open in Netflix", it usually opens it in the last profile that was recently used.

As for the OP's issue, I thought I saw a setting for this, although I might be confusing it with a different app.

Not strange at all. There’s a timeout period. You are coming in before the time expires. It’s a caching issue. I can watch Netflix. Leave and watch something else somewhere else and when I come back to Netflix it’s still on my profile.

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
Since I am the only person who uses my Netflix account I would love to be able to NOT have to choose my profile every time. :-/

Reactions: JBaby and Rigby

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
Since I am the only person who uses my Netflix account I would love to be able to NOT have to choose my profile every time. :-/

I’m the only person who uses my tv. Same goes for my mom and sister. There should be a setting that lets you choose a default profile the app always uses when it starts.

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
Netflix could do it the way the Hulu app does: Only create a profile if you have multiple users.
That’s true. But that wouldn’t help me. I have 3 people on my Netflix. They should do both. One user = no profile like Hulu. Multiple users = Allow the the setting of a default profile that’s device/app specific like it is on iOS Netflix.

Yep. And while you're at it, give me an option to turn off those stupid auto-play trailers.
Yes!!!

Reactions: PhoenixDown
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.