Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FyerFyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
hey guys

I just got back to Spain after being in London for Christmas with the fam and the tv series I downloaded there on the Netflix app are now unplayable due to being back in Spain.

I’m a little bit gutted as there are so many uk shows I’d like to watch but can’t coz of my location. Somebody menti9ned to try a vpn but would a vpn actually work with the Netflix app? Could I set my location to uk and download uk shows?

Thanks guys

XT550

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
Had a similar situation. Tried two different VPNs none of them worked with Netflix. That was three months ago. Haven’t tried since as it made the whole app unresponsive.

Mac-lover3

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2014
Belgium
Netflix is preventing VPN's to work constantly. Once in a while a new one pops up that works but often it gets shut down quickly after.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
Netflix can quite easily spot any IP address streaming >4 streams and block it as they are obviously proxy servers, this now seems pretty automated and hence quick to act on any new ip's that start acting as proxies.

Of course Netflix didn't actually care, they were made to care by their supplying content owners who in turn were being pressured by their other customers...but the days of freely accessing content by quick/easy/cheap tricks like proxies seem largely gone.

Reactions: mikzn

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
PrivatevVPN & ExpressVPN, both work for many US locations now ... they have started changing their IP dynamically which makes it harder for Netflix to block .. lol

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
Shut off WiFi (or cellular) to watch them.

Recently was abroad and couldn’t watch some American shows I downloaded. When I disconnected from everything, I could (likely cuz it couldn’t use IP to locate me).
hey guys

I just got back to Spain after being in London for Christmas with the fam and the tv series I downloaded there on the Netflix app are now unplayable due to being back in Spain.

I’m a little bit gutted as there are so many uk shows I’d like to watch but can’t coz of my location. Somebody menti9ned to try a vpn but would a vpn actually work with the Netflix app? Could I set my location to uk and download uk shows?

Thanks guys

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
Torguard + streaming IP addon. Works great. With TGLifetime50 coupon it costs $18 for 3 months.

johnevan

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018
ExpressVPN FTW.

Tried 3 VPNs for Netflix:
1. PureVPN - It was working well with Netflix
2. AirVPN - It was not working with Netflix
3. Express - Initially it was working but suddenly i got an error of IP ban :'(

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Tried 3 VPNs for Netflix:
1. PureVPN - It was working well with Netflix
2. AirVPN - It was not working with Netflix
3. Express - Initially it was working but suddenly i got an error of IP ban :'(

You can change your ExpressVPN location. Ask chat support and it will work again.

johnevan

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018
You can change your ExpressVPN location. Ask chat support and it will work again.
I contacted to their support team Yesterday and they said, "Netflix has blocked some IP if ExpressVPN, so we can't help you at the moment"

Robert_Williams

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2018
United Kingdom
Yes, @FyerFyer buddy, you can access Netflix in UK anywhere via VPN. But it depends on which VPN are you using because some of the VPNs will access you to Netflix but streaming is slow and also not every VPN secure your online privacy. I suggest you to go with ExpressVPN as mentioned above as it is the best and fast VPN for Netflix till now if it is not in your budget than you can go through to the guide regarding best VPN services for Netflix
https://www.reviewsdir.com/netflix-vpn/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.