Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robinwolfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
Hi,

anyone found a fix to this allegedly drm problem -
error code: S7363-1266-0000230D

I have of course restarted my macbook pro 15" (early 2011), and shut down safari several times, to no avail. I have also deleted Netflix cookies.

Netflix works fine in Firefox which uses Silverlight.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/22793

Do you have any other video players running? Check in your Force Quit window, as the link suggests.
Have you tried a restart of your MBPro? As the same link suggests, this restart should be a complete shutdown (completely off), then start back up - and not just a simple Restart. (This assures that all of the hardware is reset as a result of a power off. A simple restart may not reset all ports, etc)
Try disabling ALL extensions in Safari/Preferences/Extensions. Quit Safari after doing that, then re-open Safari.

If you don't get anywhere with Safari, what prevents you from simply using Firefox for your Netflix vids?

Robinwolfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
Thanks for quick answer and suggestions Deltamac.

I did follow all your suggestions, but the problem remains.

I prefer not to use firefox for the following reasons:

1. firefox using silverlight instead of html5 requires much cpu hence more battery, and the machine gets very hot.
  2. It is a slight hassel that I have to deal with one extra browser when I do not use it for anything else. My wife watches netflix with safari on her two machines (macbook pro 13 early 2011 and macbook pro 13 2014) and it works like a charm.
Anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I understand what you mean about other browsers. I do have a couple that I use for only one purpose. I use Omniweb only for access to one https site, because it gives me troublefree access, and I can simply leave it open when shopping around. Any other browser that I have tried, on that site, disconnects from that site when I choose to browse anywhere else. Having a dedicated browser, because it works for that one site, simplifies my online life...
But, that's just me...
Can you connect to Netflix, if you logout, then login to another user account on your MBPro? If you only have the one account, you could create another just for troubleshooting this issue.

Robinwolfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
I understand what you mean about other browsers. I do have a couple that I use for only one purpose. I use Omniweb only for access to one https site, because it gives me troublefree access, and I can simply leave it open when shopping around. Any other browser that I have tried, on that site, disconnects from that site when I choose to browse anywhere else. Having a dedicated browser, because it works for that one site, simplifies my online life...
But, that's just me...
Can you connect to Netflix, if you logout, then login to another user account on your MBPro? If you only have the one account, you could create another just for troubleshooting this issue.

Good idea. I will try that. Forgot to say that this happened out of the blue, meaning, I did not install any new software or visit any dodgy website prior to the occurrence of the problem. But I am unsure of whether the problem came before or after the last OS X update. The thing is that I had an issue with that update, because it was interrupted and left incomplete. To solve that problem I had to start the mac in secure / safe mode, then turn it off and turn it on again in normal mode. This enabled me to complete the 10.10.4 update. Could the HTML5 player have been damaged or left out in this process?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I don't know. But, if you had some issues with getting the 10.10.4 update to install - you might also download and install the Combined 10.10.4 updater. That can often result in cleaning up your system (a little "pruning" never hurts, and might help), and can sometimes fix minor issues that appear after an OS X update.
Get the combo updater here: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1820?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
I always restart a Mac as the last step PRIOR to installing a combo updater. It can help to make the update process smoother, with less possibility that OTHER software issues will interfere with the update.

hatuko

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2014
Espoo, Finland
Hi,

anyone found a fix to this allegedly drm problem -
error code: S7363-1266-0000230D

I have of course restarted my macbook pro 15" (early 2011), and shut down safari several times, to no avail. I have also deleted Netflix cookies.

Netflix works fine in Firefox which uses Silverlight.

Does it happen even if you reset Safari?

this restart should be a complete shutdown (completely off), then start back up - and not just a simple Restart. (This assures that all of the hardware is reset as a result of a power off. A simple restart may not reset all ports, etc)

Why would it require a complete hardware shutdown?

Robinwolfe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
Does it happen even if you reset Safari?

Why would it require a complete hardware shutdown?

What do u mean by reset safari? Wipe out all the cookies? I have tried to delete the netflix cookie, close and restart safari. We have the Netflix subscription that incl 2 monitors + HD, but we have watched on three different computers at different times. Could this be a problem? Although I would think that 2 monitors means two computers simultaneously. I will try to delete the netflix cookie from the two other mac's.

VG Bonjers

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2018
First off, I realize this thread is 3 years dead, but for the sake of this problem and others in the future I"ll share what I found to work instantaneously.

I forced quit all running applications> opened safari> went to Netflix and began playing the current show I was watching.
I did NOT clear cookies, reset any settings or restart my Mac; I just simply did the above.

In my situation, Netflix would give me an error code for only one tv show. Any other show would play.
-Mid 2011 iMac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.