Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hoodman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
Mexico
Hi

I'm Having trouble booting a NetInstall image on newer iMac's (model IMac8,1).
The start up disk preference panel don't detect the NetInstall Image on the server, but the previous model (iMac7,1) does. Also in the network are older machines (iMac4,1).

I have 2 images, one for the white ones (iMac4,1) and the other for the aluminum ones (iMac7,1 & iMac8,1). Both images differ in the software loaded.

The images are filtered by model, so each one boot in the right image. the image for the newer ones was made on the latest model (iMac8,1) with the system image utility, but the only ones that boot are the older ones (iMac7,1).

Help please!!!!!!

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
You know, I had a similar problem with NetInstall and the new versions of the MBPs when they came out. I had functional images built, but the machines just wouldn't register with the NetBoot server. In the end I realized that NetBoot (/NetInstall) just didn't recognize the new versions of machines. Even if I tried to manually change the installation package info it never worked. I ended up going back to cloning images off an external until Apple works it's **** out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.