Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cesar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
I wish that Tiger Macos X.4 includes a netmeeting clone app... if steve want to totallly change the way people work, please add a netmeeting clone funtion to iChat AV... that will be great... true collaboration.... apple needs to use the T.120 protocol....

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
cesar said:
I wish that Tiger Macos X.4 includes a netmeeting clone app... if steve want to totallly change the way people work, please add a netmeeting clone funtion to iChat AV... that will be great... true collaboration.... apple needs to use the T.120 protocol....
Oh, my God, you mean the netmeeting clone will revolutionize the way people work on a Mac like NetMeeting revolutionized the way people work on Windows? Huh?

Back in 1993 long before Microsoft stole the idea, there was CU-SeeMe, the original video conferencing software from Columbia University. It was available for the Mac. The last Mac version of CU-SeeMe was released in 1998. CU-SeeMe is now a commerical application that is available only for Windows. Vchat, a CU-SeeMe client for MacOS X, is under active development. Read and be wise.

Xircom

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2004
Tokyo, Japan
cesar said:

Not sure if it would totally change the way people work, but fully agree about it would be excellent to have compatibility ... it has been shown that you need at least 20% of marketshare to make the app. fly (eg. used widely) or ensure compatibility, and I guess ichat is not there yet for some time still :(

cesar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
I'm not talking about videoconf, the T.120 protocol allows to share the desktop and apps. and Yes, MS netmeeting did change the way we work, a work center can share it desktop with a workcenter in new york, and with a phone conf.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.