Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
I have an HP 2015dn on my TC network. For the first few months it started printing, or at least the light started flashing, as soon as I hit PRINT. Lately it seems to be taking forever for the printer to acknowledge and print a document. Preview seems to be the worst offender as it might print 3 pages, then another 2-3 pages and so on.

Any suggestions.

Printing from a 2011 iMac with Lion.

Last edited:

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Restart the printer, make sure the firmware/drivers for it and the Time Capsule are up to date. Also, are you using USB or Ethernet to network the printer to your network? Is it connected to the Time Capsule or through a hub/switch?

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
The printer is, and always has been, connected via Ethernet. Printer is connected directly to LAN port. I know the TC has the latest firmware but will check on printer.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
I have an HP 2015dn on my TC network. ...

Any suggestions.

Sounds rather typical of modern HP printers to me. First, be sure to have the latest driver installed. Whenever my HPs have trouble making a network connection, I toggle them off and on to force the internal print server to acquire a valid IP address.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
There was a new update. I did the original Lion update to 2.7.2, but there is now 2.9 available. Installed it and although there is still a slight lag, it is nothing like it was.

Hope this fixes it.

Thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.